Week 04: This Week’s Update On Our In-Progress Time-lapse Cactus Killer Demonstration Project Shows Everything Progressing EXACTLY As Advertised.

Posted by on Wednesday, August 10th, 2016 in Blog

how to kill prickly pear cactusCactus KillerI’ve attached the stills of ‘Week 04’ for you to look at today. Again, after having completed our first attack ,4 weeks earlier, the uploads for the next 3 months will be little more than simple ‘camera-documentation’ of the cactus debris and the composting process.

Granted, it doesn’t exactly make for riveting blog material. But we know the final videos that come out of this project will be pretty amazing to watch. Definitely stay tuned for those!

The piles of prickly pear cactus debris at Site B will continue to compost away, just as you are seeing here. But from this point on, we WILL start seeing some re-growth.

But there are a number of reasons for this re-growth to happen. For example, some knocked over pads can become ‘protected’ by crushed debris.

This scenario happens more often when you’re attacking a larger clump of cactus for the first time (for example: man-height prickly pear cactus, as was the case here). To be perfectly clear though: We LIKE re-growth. It’s a LOT easier to kill than a fully matured plant!

Roughly 90% of your cactus debris will do EXACTLY what we said it will do: it will dry up, turn brown/gray, and then decompose in your pasture. The remaining 10% is leftover cactus debris that, for whatever reason, was left intact enough to set down new roots and begin the process of becoming a new plant.

Of course, we NEVER let it get that far. That’s why we always attack the area every 3-6 months with a Cactus Killer. That’s about how long it will take for the re-growth to occur.

But also keep in mind: every time you hit the area, you’re killing off a further 90% of that 10% you left had behind from the attack before it. Every time we attack the re-growth, we weaken the roots further and exhaust their moisture and nutrient supplies. Here’s what to expect after the first three attacks:

  • After the first attack, that re-growth is going to come up from both Roots + Pads.
  • Three months later, we’ll attack it again. The re-growth will come up much more from the Roots than the Pads. We’ll still see some pad-based re-growth of course, but because most of the pads have composted away by this point, less of the re-growth is coming from the pad pieces.
  • Three months later, we’ll attack it yet AGAIN. Now the re-growth will primarily come up from the Roots only!

 

From there, the attack sessions continue (using the Cactus Killer every 3-6 months) until the root system has starved to death in the ground for lack of photosynthesis. No more roots, no more pads, no more problems!

I do sincerely hope you are enjoying these installments, and that they are useful to you. Stay tuned!

For more information on the incredible Kill Your Cactus System he invented, give us a call at 1-(800) 348-1359 or drop us a line here and ask us ANYTHING to learn even more about how to kill prickly pear cactus permanently, quickly, and cost-effectively. Also, be sure to make a request for your copy of our FREE information kit, and don’t forget to read everything about our RISK-FREE trial offer on the incredible Kill Your Cactus System.

Still have questions? No problem! There’s a good chance we have your answers right here. Want a more ‘hands-on’ learning experience? Click here to explore everything about our machines in exhaustive detail. See all the parts and learn what they all do!

Talk soon,

James Johnson
Director of Marketing, Kill Your Cactus NOW

Comments are closed.